Glimpses into the Processes that Professional Designer Use
These videos provide a view into an architecture studio. Take note of how the critiques are managed and how the students present their work visually. Students’ work is self-directed, and they support each other in completing projects.
In this lecture, a designer discusses the human centered design process that her team used to redesign a school cafeteria to reduce food waste.
This documentary depicts Frank Gehry’s design process.
Resources for Pitching
Consider showing these videos in the third session, or email them to students as resources to help them prepare their video pitches.
- Tips on shooting with an iphone
- Brian Reed – The Craft of Storytelling
- Ira Glass on Storytelling (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4)
- Forbes’ Message Map (How to Pitch Anything in 15 seconds)
- Want a better pitch? (blog post analyzing a pitch by Elon Musk)
The MENA Design Education Outlook
This is a summary of the report upon which the idea for DIDI Project Design Space was based.
Design Thinking Kits and Tools
Additional resources on design thinking and methods from around the web.
- IDEO’s Design Kit
- Gravity Tank’s Work Differently Method Cards
- d.school’s Design Thinking Bootcamp
- Design for America’s Process Guide
- DIY’s Toolkit
- d.school’s Crash Course in Design Thinking
- Gravity Tank’s Video Lessons (scroll to the bottom of the page)
- Service Design Tools’ Toolkit
- Service Design Books’ Online Library
- Adaptive Path’s Design Guides